27 September 2021 (London, UK) – ZA/UM has confirmed that Disco Elysium - The Final Cut will be released on the Xbox family of consoles (Series X/ S and One) from October 12 on digital, with the physical edition* launching November 9. This is not a port but a painstaking re-assembly of the critically acclaimed game, including a redesigned user interface experience, font scaling options, improved legibility across the board and all quality-of-life enhancements from previous iterations. The definitive edition of the multi award-winning smash hit RPG, The Final Cut will be available to purchase digitally for Xbox via the Microsoft Store on October 12 for £34.99 UK / $39.99 USD / €39.99 EUR. For further information: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/disco-elysium-the-final-cut/9ntrs771l8hl
WATCH THE GAMEPLAY TRAILER HERE:
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut is the definitive edition of the ground-breaking, multi award-winning open world role playing game with an insane amount of choice and consequence. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murder cases, or take bribes. Become the hero, prophet, madman, the greatest detective the world has ever seen… or an absolute disaster of a human being.
The Final Cut brings the residents of Revachol to vibrant life with the inclusion of one million professionally voice acted words by actors from all over the world, as well as adding brand new political vision quests. Explore unseen areas, encounter an expanded cast of memorable citizens, and leave an even bigger mark on the world, all with ‘quality of life’ gameplay enhancements and added replayability.
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut Enhancements
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All the city's beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X.
- Real Role-Playing: Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
ZA/UM announced the Nintendo Switch version of Disco Elysium - The Final Cut last week, which is now available to pre-order through the Nintendo eShop. The game is also available to play right now on PC, PlayStation and Mac platforms, from:
- Nintendo Switch https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/disco-elysium-the-final-cut-switch/
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/632470/Disco_Elysium
- GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/disco_elysium
- Epic Games Store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/disco-elysium
- Apple Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/disco-elysium/id1508191454?mt=12
- PlayStation Store https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/disco-elysium/
- Google Stadia https://stadia.google.com/games
* ZA/UM, iam8bit, along with distribution partner Skybound Games will release PlayStation 4 and Xbox One retail physical editions of Disco Elysium – The Final Cut at retailers around the globe on November 9. Both the PlayStation and Xbox editions are available for pre-order for $39.99 at https://discoelysium.iam8bit.com/
- The retail physical editions will include a 18” x 24” foldout poster and a digital code for an expansive 190+ page digital artbook. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One retail editions are compatible with free next-gen upgrades for both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles.
In addition, ZA/UM and iam8bit will release PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch Collector’s Editions of Disco Elysium – The Final Cut, also now available for pre-order for $249.99 at https://discoelysium.iam8bit.com/. The collector’s edition features:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ premium box.
- Hand-painted ‘Mid Totem’ vinyl sculpture.
- 190+ page hardbound art book which includes oodles of previously unreleased art and stories.
- Physical edition Disco Elysium – The Final Cut with a reversible cover, housed in an elegant slipcase.
To keep up with Disco Elysium news:
Twitter: twitter.com/discoelysium / twitter.com/studioZAUM
Website: discoelysium.com / zaumstudio.com
Developer & Publisher: ZA/UM
Global Media Contact
Dead Good PR for ZA/UM
Download the Press Kit here.
About ZA/UM Studio
An independent game developer and publisher based in the UK, ZA/UM Studio was founded in 2016. Since then, we’ve grown into a team of several dozen artists, developers and producers, with offices in London and Brighton.
Our first game, Disco Elysium, was released on PC in 2019, and has won numerous awards and Game of the Year honours, including four Game Awards, three BAFTAs, and a D.I.C.E. Award. The definitive edition of the game, Disco Elysium – The Final Cut, was released on PC, Mac, and PlayStation in March 2021.
The studio branched into fashion with the launch of ZA/UM Atelier, presenting an original range of sweet and stylish bodywear based on designs seen in Disco Elysium.