Bee still our Bee-ting Hearts! We’re thrilled to announce the bee-loved beekeeping sim from publisher Whitethorn Games and developers TNgineers, APICO, is coming to the Xbox One and Series S|X!
APICO combines resource gathering, biology, and minigames with ideas from both real-life and fantasy beekeeping and gardening, as it teaches players about the ins-and-outs of maintaining a healthy hive and the importance of our irreplaceable pollinating pals. The islands of APICO were once abuzz with different species of bees, and it’s up to players to rediscover lost species, cross-breed new ones, and repopulate each unique bee-ome. Progressing further into the game may also uncover some forgotten secrets.
As well, a portion of the games’ profits goes toward bee conservation. Full details about these efforts can be found here: https://apico.buzz/savethebees.
Features of APICO:
- Play together with up to four in online co-op, with cross-play available on all platforms!
- Unique crafting and beekeeping minigames that drive gameplay progression
- Cross-breed different bees to discover over 30 new species
- Make and sell honey, Apicola, and other beekeeping products
- Repopulate lost species and release them back into the wild
- Multiple biomes to explore, each with their own unique bee species
- Uncover the forgotten secrets of the APICO Islands
But(terfly) wait – there’s more! Included at launch is the highly anticipated Update 2.0: I Can’t Beelieve It’s Not Butter(flies)! The new update is honey in the bank with the wild amount of new content, including new pollinators, new characters to meet, and more:
- New NPCs: New friends from the mainland, Cody and Sto, have come to the APICO Islands to further their research.
- Butterflies: Discover, collect and breed a variety of brand-new pollinators.
- Solitary Bees: These new pollinators prefer to do things on their own – build new solitary bee hotels and help them along!
- New Flowers: Now, there are more ways to keep the pollinator population happy – each new flower has its own new effect on the environment.
- Incense: Through the magic of alchemy, make your own incense and candles!
- Bee-Sides: New tracks have been added to the chill soundtrack
- And More: New books, decorations, and a host of quality-of-life improvements have been added.
Find out more details about update 2.0: I Can’t Beelieve It’s Not Butter(flies)! here.
Check out the trailer below!