KENT, UK – Apr. 8, 2021 – Experience classic railroading moving heavy coal and manifest freight through the heart of Virginia's coalfields with Train Sim World 2: Clinchfield Railroad.
Fabulous and famous: The Clinchfield Railroad was one of America’s most extraordinary railroads. Often called “The Rio Grande of the East” for its spectacular scenery and challenging mountain railroading, the Clinchfield (which is now CSX’s Kingsport Subdivision) was both an extraordinary coal hauler and a busy and vital bridge line for manifest freight traffic, providing a link between the Chesapeake & Ohio on its north end and the Seaboard Coast Line in the south.
It’s your job to take charge of the heavy coal and manifest freight services through the rugged Appalachian Mountains. Load coal from one of several mines in peaks of Virginia, and explore not only the main line, but the various local branches, each with its own challenges and character.
Take control of the instantly recognizable EMD F7 diesel locomotive, dressed in the vibrant and coal dust-coated Clinchfield Railroad livery. Alternatively, get a taste of something then-new, the EMD SD40, before its more recent upgrades to become the loco that exists today.
Train Sim World 2: Clinchfield Railroad is out now, priced at $29.99/£24.99. The route features:
- 37 mile Route - Between Elkhorn City, Kentucky and Dante, Virginia. It also includes the 5-mile Haysi branch, 14-mile Fremont branch, 2-mile McClure spur and 6-mile Nora spur!
- Iconic Locos - Drive the CRR F7A & B and SD40 diesel locomotives featuring highly detailed driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- In-depth Tutorials – Learn how to drive the F7 & SD40 with training modules that introduce you to the braking and safety systems.
- Journey Mode – Featuring over 24 hours of activities to master, including unique scenarios with changing weather and real-world services.
- Collectables – Walk around the route on foot and complete tasks like clearing fallen logs and refilling fire buckets.
- Customization Tools – Use the Livery Designer to create your own unique designs, and the Scenario Planner to build your own service.
For further information please visit www.trainsimworld.com.
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today Dovetail Games is responsible for train, flight and fishing simulation games and is developing for PC and leading consoles. http://www.dovetailgames.com.
Developed by Dovetail Games, SimuGraph Vehicle Dynamics Engine is a powerful visual modeling and simulation framework for the construction and real-time simulation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems in the context of vehicle dynamics.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console and mobile platforms. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high quality games, applications, training simulations, visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com and follow @UnrealEngine.