Greek indie studio Traptics and Singapore-based publisher The Iterative Collective are excited to announce their partnership to release Homeseek.
This survival RTS challenges you to balance resource management with exploration and overcoming the elements in order to maintain a colony that can survive the harsh environment of a dystopian, resource-strapped Earth.
Homeseek's gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1kr_5AcOM
“Homeseek blends exciting and complex gameplay with concepts and technologies grounded in reality, creating an experience that’s both entertaining and thought provoking,” says Matthew Quek, CEO of The Iterative Collective. “We are excited to be partnering with the wonderful developers at Traptics to bring this impactful title to audiences around the world.”
Homeseek is participating in Gamescom this year with a booth at Hall 10.2, stand E030g as part of the Game Developer Association of Greece. Players will be able to try out the game at the booth and an accompanying demo will be available on the Steam page from 24th August to 4th September.
- Realistic scenarios and technologies: Homeseek’s in-game situations and technological advancements are rooted in real-world science, technology, and current research.
- Resource management: Players will need to take advantage of the environment to the best of their ability. Expanding your settlement has to be done judiciously, lest you outpace the production of scarce resources in the area. The location of your buildings in relation to these valuable reserves plays a crucial role in the settlement’s efficiency, and in this unforgiving place, maximizing efficiency is key.
- Research and advancement: Improve your settlers’ knowledge and machinery in order to make the most of what little resources they have. Research carefully, choosing the most important advancements to chase for your settlers’ needs and take that knowledge with you as you move from place to place, chasing the dream of land that can sustain you long term.
- Exciting expeditions: Uncover meaningful stories through expeditions, events, and quests. You’ll be faced with difficult dilemmas and dangerous foes, but what you bring back could mean life or death for your settlement.
- Impactful choices: Each in-game choice brings with it consequences that can make or break the success of your settlers in their quest for survival. Progress is retained as new scenarios are explored; any citizens, technologies, and laws discovered remain accessible throughout the campaign, providing a long-term survival experience. Choosing wisely will help your settlers advance forward and find a place where they can finally consider themselves home.
- Competitive multiplayer mode: Compete against other players in a survival scenario where you do what you have to to succeed in this harsh and unforgiving world. Sabotage their buildings, steal their resources, and force them into starvation before they do the same to you.
More information on Homeseek
Homeseek presskit: https://www.homeseekgame.com/presskit
Homeseek website: https://www.homeseekgame.com/
Add Homeseek to your Steam wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2093000/Homeseek/
Follow Homeseek on Twitter: https://twitter.com/homeseekgame
Traptics comprises a group of talented game developers with 10 years together and myriad successful products under their belt. Based in Greece, the team started with tactical RPGs (and thus was born their name, a combination of the “traps” and “tactics” inherent to the genre), and have since expanded from there to develop games for multiple genres and platforms for themselves and others. Their compact size allows them to be both versatile and adaptable, and the team takes pride in their work, with making great games remaining their top priority.
About The Iterative Collective
The Iterative Collective is an incubator, co-developer, and publisher for indie games. It was founded in 2019 by two game developers who set out to tackle the problems faced by developers in the games industry.
With an experienced core team, as well as a network of industry veteran mentors, The Iterative Collective provides a holistic and structured approach to incubation and publishing of independent games. This incubation framework, developed jointly with the mentors, ensures that game development studio partners produce games of a world-class standard.