Bracknell, UK – (19 August, 2021) - Publisher Kalypso Media and in-house developer Realmforge Studios have today announced the release date for Spacebase Startopia on Nintendo Switch™. From 24th September, all Switch commanders will be able to take care of holidaying alien visitors from the comfort of their own home and on the go.
Spacebase Startopia tasks players with taking care of a variety of aliens aboard a doughnut-shaped space station. Across three different decks (the Sub Deck, Bio Deck, and Fun Deck) budding commanders will build and manage their piece of paradise in space, as well as fending off hordes of roving space pirates and invaders.
Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ brings the party everywhere, offering players their very own space station and host of galactic gadgetry to pique the interest of a range of diverse, visiting, and employable alien lifeforms. Alongside entertainment such as all-night-all-day discos, space whale therapy and cat cafés, players will also be assisted by the station’s quick-witted, totally-not-homicidal AI, ‘VAL’.
For more information, please contact the Kalypso Media PR team.
- The 10-mission, fully dubbed single-player campaign will require all your skills as Commander of the Spacebase Startopia as you strive to create one of the most attractive trade and tourism destinations in the known universe
- Each of the three decks will require your leadership skills — the Sub Deck containing all of the rooms vital to survival, while the Fun Deck focuses on your visitors, and the flora and fauna found on the Bio Deck provides sufficient resources for survival as well as a home for the graceful Dryads
- Prevail against your AI competitors, for you are not alone on the station. Sabotage your opponents' economy or attack them with your mech units, conduct trade and beware of space pirates eager to board
- The dynamic narrator AI 'VAL' reacts to your decisions and is always at your side in both word and deed – alongside offering the occasional extremely unqualified comment
- Hone your skills as the Commander of Spacebase Startopia in the many challenges of the single-player campaign or play your way in the customisable sandbox mode
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 10 locations throughout Germany, England, France, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios - Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game). Kasedo Games also now holds a majority stake in France-based developer Bulwark Studios, increasing the Kalypso Media Group’s total development studios to 4.
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media's IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 - HD Remaster and Praetorians - HD Remaster, Railway Empire - Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 - Complete Collection, Railway Empire - Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 - Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 - HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ (24/09/21) and Disciples: Liberation (21/10/21). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament, console and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, Distant Kingdoms (available in Steam Early Access) as well as City of Gangsters.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.