LOS ANGELES (Apr. 19, 2021) – Today, SQUARE ENIX® unveiled a plethora of extra content for NieR Replicant™ver.1.22474487139…, the modern re-telling of the cult classic NieR Replicant, that fans of the series and newcomers can enjoy. The updated version of the game will not only become more accessible for modern audiences with fully remastered visuals, a re-recorded soundtrack and all-new voice dialogue, but will also include brand-new story content, extra dungeons and costumes, including multiple NieR:Automata themed costumes & weapons, the NieR:Automata playable soundtrack, and more.
Further details on the extra content that will be included for the game at launch is below:
- Extra Episode – Players can enjoy a new scenario and exhilarating boss battle by playing through the game, in an all new “Mermaid” episode featuring a wrecked ship and a little girl.
- Extra Dungeons from “15 Nightmares” – Previously released as downloadable content for the original release in Japan and similar to “The World of Recycled Vessel” content in the West, fans will be able to undertake a series of challenging dungeons as the “15 Nightmares” protagonist in the world of recycled vessel. Playing through the dungeons will unlock a variety of weapons, as well as extra costumes, “Kabuki” and “Samurai.” You will also be able to change the appearance of enemy bullets to Emil’s face through the option menu after obtaining either of the costumes.
- Soundtrack from NieR:Automata – Players will unlock an option to switch to select background music tracks from the critically acclaimed NieR:Automata after completing the first playthrough.
- Guest Cast from NieR:Automata – The English and Japanese voice actors of 2B and 9S will be featured in the game.
In addition to the costumes obtainable from “15 Nightmares”, starting at launch, players will be able to download a free “4 YoRHa” costume pack to swap their character’s costumes and weapons to fan favorite designs from NieR:Automata, including 9S, 2B and A2.
SQUARE ENIX® also released a 15 second live-action commercial over the weekend, titled “NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... | CM | Shinjuku ver.0.25 | 2nd”, featuring a ruined city overrun with enemy Shades. Check out the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUtPmpZRfeE.
Several pre-order bonuses and the track listing for the mini soundtrack were also recently revealed. The mini soundtrack includes three tracks from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CD Disc 1—“Hills of Radiant Wind”, “Song of the Ancients”, and “Kainé”. Platform specific details include:
- PlayStation®4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation®4 system dynamic theme and 14 avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.
- Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.*
- Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.
* Xbox One users can only play the mini soundtrack in-game only via a designated app. Music data cannot be extracted outside the console.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… will launch for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC (Steam®) on April 23, 2021. The game is rated M (Mature). Complete details on all editions of the game and pre-order bonuses are available at: http://www.niergame.com.
Press assets are available on the press site at: http://sqex.to/Media.
Official NieR Series Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRGame
Official NieR Series Twitter: @NieRGame
Official NieR Series Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/niergame/
Official Page: www.niergame.com
# NieR #NieRReplicant
About NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139…
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant, a third-person action-RPG which originally released in Japan in 2010, and is the highly anticipated prequel to NieR:Automata™, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG that has shipped/downloaded over 5 million copies worldwide. Players are invited to experience a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease - a quest which will in turn make them question everything. Developed in collaboration with Toylogic, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… brings together an all-star team including acclaimed director YOKO TARO (Drakengard® / NieR:Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (TEKKEN / Drakengard / NieR:Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST® X / NieR:Automata). NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... will release for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC (Steam®) on April 23, 2021.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 161 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
NieR Replicant, the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… logo, NieR:Automata, FINAL FANTASY, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.