[Paris, France/May 11, 2023] - Angel Corp and Firesquid Games are ready to welcome new students to Blade Prince Academy through a new demo now available on Steam. Blade Prince Academy is a tactical RPG that features an anime art style and emphasizes real-time with pause combat, where timing and combos are the way to victory. Players can now try out the game's demo on Steam to begin exploring the dark but magical city of Abjectalia. Angel Corp and Firesquid Games have also launched a Kickstarter campaign giving players a chance to be involved in the development of community-focused content.
The demo will feature about an hour and a half of gameplay, where players will get to experience four missions, including the tutorial, as well as one smaller mission focused on combos and skills. There will also be one major boss battle.
When you’re a student studying at Blade Prince Academy, your top priority is safeguarding the city of Abjectalia from internal and external dangers. As a member of this academy, you'll encounter various challenges, such as fighting against gangs, cults, and monsters causing chaos in Abjectalia. Creating a team of diverse Blade Princes is essential to achieve balance on the battlefield. The main feature of Blade Prince Academy is the ability to create powerful combo attacks in battle using ‘true real-time with pause.’ By manipulating the order and timing of each attack, you can dodge enemy spells, use the environment to your advantage, or push your opponents into a disadvantageous position.
Firesquid gives players a behind-the-scenes look at Blade Prince Academy through a new Kickstarter campaign. The campaign’s focus will be to help continue to grow the game’s community while also allowing for even more exciting content to be created for players. Backers will be rewarded with some incredible perks, including a discount on the game, access to digital goodies, direct involvement in the development, and exclusive information about the game's future. With the Kickstarter, the team plans to bring new heroes, bosses, and more missions.
- Talent Tree: Manage upgrades and unlock skills to improve the Princes. As you gain more experience, you will earn access to more powerful spells.
- Pacts: Heroes can be endowed with Pacts, granting them both negative and positive effects. This system innovates in the accumulation of Pacts, allowing for the development of powerful yet flawed heroes.
- Real-time With Pause Combat: Pause time during combat to strategically plan out every single movement and attack for your squad. Deal punishing blows to enemies by combining attacks and abilities with the right effects to generate powerful combos.
- Unique Characters: Assemble a squad of different heroes, each with their own unique strengths, weaknesses, and backstories.
- Relationships: The choices made throughout your journey will impact the Blade Princes and how they feel about each other. This will affect their lives as well as impact which strategy will be the best to adopt.
- Spell Load-out: Equip characters with the game’s arsenal of spells to find the perfect strategy for the missions ahead.
- Challenging Boss Fights: Protect the city of Abjectalia from hordes of monsters like vampires, rebels, cultists, and more, all with terrifying powers that will require you to have complete mastery of the combat system.
As a part of this year’s TactiCon, the first-ever demo for Blade Prince Academy will be available on Steam. The event will take place on Steam from May 11th - May 15th, 2023. Those who are wishing to follow the game’s development can wishlist it on Steam, join the discord for Firesquid Games, or support the Kickstarter.
About Angel Corp
Angel Corp is a transmedia studio, created in July 2019 in Saint-Etienne, France, specializing in the creation of video games and book publishing (novels, short story collections, mangas). The team works tirelessly to offer quality projects, with Blade Prince Academy being their main video game project.
About Firesquid Games
Indie publisher focused on games that include strategizing and thinking in their broadest sense; from tactics to city-builders or any other game where the brain is the most important muscle. Firesquid aims at developing a catalog of strategy titles that modernize and revisit their genres. Firesquid works closely with developers to help them make the best game they can, and focuses on developing communities around their strategy games.
Account Manager, Vicarious PR