The official teaser is available here.
Niš, Serbia - July 04, 2022 – Remote Human is excited to announce the official teaser for the highly anticipated horror game Code Alkonost, launching on PC in 2023 on all major digital platforms. Powered by Unreal Engine, Code Alkonost explores psychological and survival horror elements inside a dark fantasy world inspired by Slavic mythology and medievalism style.
Code Alkonost is an upcoming single-player adventure horror game. The game features story-rich and atmospheric environments inspired by Slavic mythology. Players will travel through a dark fantasy world and encounter the possessive spirits and illusions of the underworld. Experience authentic art style and stories never before seen in horror games.
Two twin sisters Sasha and Aleksandra set out to leave gifts in front of the idol of the Slavic god Perun, believing in gods would give them health and peace in the Jawia world. While Sasha is handing over food to the idol, Sister Aleksandra decides to become playful and hides from Sasha, which leads Sasha to the entrance to the Forbidden, a place where robbers are sent when they receive the death penalty, where it was believed that demons wander. After arriving at the Forbidden Forest, she hears her sister screaming, after which she decides to enter the forest, the entrance to the forest is closed and there is no way out for Sasha, the sunset has set. Enter the Slavic survival horror…
10 minutes of gameplay: https://youtu.be/j69NryJJ1Tg
- Sanity effect: The sanity effect can impact the game's overall audiovisual experience by adding tension and fear inside the game environment. It's a patented gameplay feature that will make you think outside the box. Optionally using PC external equipment it will make your gaming experience more immersive based on your emotions.
- Travel from Jawia to Nawia: Exciting story-rich game inspired by Slavic mythology and culture. Dark fantasy books and comics heavily inspire the game story. Visit Slavic mythology versions of the human world and the underworld. Encounter mythological creatures, solve Slavic god's quests, and discover mysteries. Immerse yourself inside dynamic and atmospheric environments, and learn how to use Slavic witchcraft to protect yourself from enemies. Learn about game characters and solve puzzles to progress further.
- You can't fight back: The game protagonist has no weapons or way to fight back. Instead, she needs to run and hide from creatures. The creatures will have several different personalities, so it is up to the player to decide how to deal with them to further progress through the game world. Are they friends or foes?
- Real actors and photorealistic environments: The unique visual art style and scanned objects form an ethnographic museum and famous locations never seen in any game before. Scanned face models and voiceovers of real word actors that will provide a breathtaking cinematic experience developed using novel state-of-the-art technologies. Professional performers will provide voice-overs for video game creatures and create the feeling that someone is watching you.
- The psychological horror story of maturity and progression: The game provides a different approach to depression and puberty inside a horror game with empathetic and flawed characters. The main protagonist is a young Slavic girl who discovers her abilities and life purpose during her journey. During her progress, Sasha will reach that point of maturity where her body is abruptly changing and she will develop the confidence to make her own decisions, and resist attempts by unwanted creatures to take her soul and control over her own body.
- Authentic Slavic music: The game soundtrack consists of ethno and traditional Slavic folklore music but with a different arrangement. Music is accelerated in certain situations to make the player aware of approaching danger. Frightening music and sound effects will create contact tension inside dark forests and abended castles.
Code Alkonost is available to Wishlist now on Steam. For more information, visit https://codealkonost.com, follow the title on Facebook, Patreon, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and join the community on Discord. A public demo is planned for fall 2022, and the first chapter of the game for Q1 2023.
Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2062030/Code_Alkonost_Awakening_of_Evil/
About Remote Human Studio:
Remote Human is specialized in advanced technologies, photogrammetry and computer simulations. The team consists of experienced creative members that will cover all aspects of product development. As passionate gamers and fans of classic survival horror video games, they are developing Code Alkonost, their most anticipated project to date.
Project manager for Code Alkonost