At launch, a limited time bundle will be available on both storefronts which includes both Darkest Dungeon and Darkest Dungeon II for 25% off. Players’ Early Access Epic Game Store save will automatically migrate to Steam, should they wish to play it there also.
Darkest Dungeon II takes around 50 hours to complete fully.
We recommend reviewers reset their progress to review the final version as progression systems have changed a lot throughout Early Access.
“Darkest Dungeon II eschews conventional sequeling, delivering a fresh, but familiar experience that will challenge new and returning players alike. We grew our studio in order to deliver on our vision for the game, and throughout early access our team has worked tirelessly to build and polish the experience. We are very proud of the team’s work, and we hope your heroes die horribly many times on your road to redemption.” -Chris Bourassa & Tyler Sigman, Co-Founders, Red Hook Studios Inc.
Darkest Dungeon II’s 1.0 release includes:
- Five Campaigns (“Confessions”) each with their own horrifying boss and pervasive mechanics.
- A roster of 12 heroes, including the recently revealed fan-favorite: The Flagellant. All but the mercenary Bounty Hunter feature 5-part backstories with interactive chapters, each of which confers a persistent skill unlock.
- Four major regions to traverse and explore in addition to the Valley, the dangerous but rewarding Sluice, and unique Mountains per Confession.
- Extensive metagame progression hub (“The Altar of Hope”) with strategic and cosmetic unlocks.
- Over 60 Steam and EGS achievements.
- 10 different companion pets, each with different run-defining properties.
- Optional thematic difficulty modifiers in the form of the Radiant and Infernal Flame equippable items, for those who want less or more challenge.
About Darkest Dungeon II
Darkest Dungeon II is a rogue-lite turn-based road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert an apocalypse caused by your own failures. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within the group.
The sequel to the critically acclaimed Darkest Dungeon features all new 3D visuals in the distinctive style, a new run-based road trip structure, an enhanced version of the innovative turn-based combat system, a dozen playable heroes each with their own five-chapter backstory, five regions, five end bosses, and a metagame hub (“The Altar of Hope”) with extensive persistent upgrades. Darkest Dungeon II first released into Early Access on the Epic Games Store in October 2021 and has seen a regular cadence of major content and feature updates since Red Hook improved the game with the aid of customer feedback.
For more information on Darkest Dungeon II, visit https://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-2/. Follow the game on Twitter.
For special interview requests, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Find the game on Steam.
Find the game on the Epic Games Store.
About Red Hook Studios
Red Hook Studios is an independent video game developer based in Vancouver, BC founded by industry veterans Chris Bourassa and Tyler Sigman. The critically acclaimed Darkest Dungeon was the company's first product and has sold over 6 million core game copies. The 25-person strong team is now putting the final touches on its sequel, Darkest Dungeon II, currently in Early Access with full release slated for May 8, 2023.