Title: Disciples: Liberation
Platforms: Win-PC, Xbox (One, Series X|S) PlayStation 4|5
Developer: Frima Studio
Genre: Dark fantasy strategy RPG
Release: October 21, 2021 [November 18, 2021 for Russian territories]
Store links: Steam | Kalypso Store | Epic Games| Microsoft Store | PlayStation Store
Upcoming titles: Release Schedule
FAQ: Kalypso Blog
Bracknell, UK. – (October 21, 2021) - - As Disciples: Liberation’s dragons, companions and beasts eagerly await the game’s October 21 launch, publisher Kalypso Media and developer Frima Studio have shared a revealing new developer video, delving into details around the importance of player choice. Kalypso Media and Frima have also announced that the 80-hour dark fantasy strategy RPG is now available for pre-order on the PlayStation store as well as on PC and Xbox, making pre-orders available on all playable platforms. Additionally, Kalypso is extending access to the 8-hour pre-launch demo created for Steam Next Fest for players to experience a portion of the upcoming game.
In a new Developer Diary, watch Louis Lamarche, Frima Studio Creative Director, share new insights about the game. Get a glimpse at the Queen's Nest, which is both the capital of the undead where the council of six rule and one of the many dark regions where you can make friends or foes.
Also learn a bit more about Bagthal, who was captured by the demons and is serving as a slave and a gladiator. Bagthal is dedicated to ending slavery in Nevendaar and kill his captors. Bagthal's fire nova deals primal damage to units around him with the added chance to confuse them.
Finally, get a peak at Katarina, the leader of the Veil and an antagonist. Her goal is to summon the High Father by speaking his true name so he can get rid of the impurities in all of Nevendaar. To do so she needs mana, the Dagger of Uru and the blood of a Nephilim.
Watch on YouTube
- 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and objectives, and 5 unique endings
- Explore a war-torn overworld: journey through 4 diverse environments – from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra – and unearth the secrets hidden within the land
- Journey together: join forces with 4 in-game factions - from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives
- Write your own story: pick from 4 uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause
- Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
- Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat
- Challenge deadly bosses: pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
- Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is an independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees at 10 locations in Germany, England, France, Japan and the USA. Kalypso Media Group includes Kasedo Games, the digital label of Kalypso Media Group, as well as five development studios: Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale), Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game) since March 2020 and Nine Worlds Studios (Tropico 7) in Munich since 2021. With the acquisition of a majority stake in the French Bulwark Studios by Kasedo Games and the new foundation of Nine Worlds Studios in 2021, Kalypso Media now unites a total of 5 development studios in the group of companies.
Specialising in the development of strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media Group's IP portfolio includes full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike and Railway Empire, among others. Kalypso Media's most recent releases are Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 - Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 - HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Disciples: Liberation (October 21, 2021). Recent releases from Kasedo Games include City of Gangsters, Filament and the console and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus. More at www.kalypsomedia.com.