FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KARLSRUHE, GERMANY (April 7, 2021) – Gameforge—leading Western publisher of popular multiplayer online games including AION, NosTale, OGame, Metin2, and TERA—has partnered with developers Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon to bring the dazzling massively multiplayer online role-playing action game Swords of Legends Online to the West in 2021. Based on the massively popular Chinese legends that inspired the multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and a series of games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online—which first launched in China in July of 2019—Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered and improved version of the highly anticipated AAA saga to a new audience. Soon, players throughout North and Latin America and Europe will be able to explore the game’s rich, tumultuous story, steeped in poetic Chinese lore, and test their might in thrilling action combat as they become embroiled in the struggles between light and darkness.
Watch the official Swords of Legends Online announcement trailer below: [YouTube] https://uberstrategist.link/SOLO-AnnounceTrailer-EN-YT
- A Rich Saga to Unravel: With a legendary story that will capture players’ hearts, Swords of Legends Online allows them to experience a journey unlike any other, through hours of fully-voiced cutscenes, an engaging, turbulent narrative, and memorable characters—all in an ancient Chinese setting.
- Expansive, Exquisite World to Explore: A vivid world is brought to life through gorgeous, highly detailed textures, environments, and characters pulled from the pages of Chinese legends and folklore. From historically accurate costumes to the flora and fauna of each diverse region, Swords of Legends presents a unique and highly interactive feast for the eyes.
- Become the Ultimate Force Against Darkness: Players may choose from up to six initial playable classes—Reaper, Summoner, Bard, Spellsword, Berserker, and Spearmaster—each with their own unique playstyle, weapons, zone, and story. As characters grow, they can choose between two specializations per class in order to branch out towards powerful new skills that will aid them in their quest to vanquish the darkness.
- From the Earth to the Heavens: Players can live and meet above the clouds on unique and customizable floating islands used for personal housing—the perfect resting and gathering space in between quests. Extraordinary varieties of flying mounts will become faithful companions to players, allowing them to behold the world from a new perspective and visit each other in their own establishments.
- The End Is Just the Beginning: Extensive and engaging endgame content lets players forge their own journeys. Through additional quests, multiplayer dungeons, 20-player raids, and a wide plethora of PvP modes, Swords of Legends Online invites players to push their skills to the limit to keep up with frequent content updates.
Swords of Legends Online will be available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available for pre-purchase in three editions starting today for $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99). Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a pre-order bonus which includes exclusive cosmetic in-game items, and access to the closed beta trials. Additionally, the pre-purchase will also provide access to character name reservation and character creation before the official launch. More exciting news will be coming soon! Keep up to date with the latest Swords of Legends Online news by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord, and by liking it on Facebook. The official Swords of Legends Online website and Steam Coming Soon Page are now live with more information about the game and its content. A press kit with logos, artwork, screenshots, and trailers is available here: https://uberstrategist.link/SOLO-Announcement-PressKit. About Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon Beijing Wangyuan Shengtang Entertainment Technology Co., Ltd. is a Chinese culture inheritor connecting legendary stories to the world through excellent gaming experiences. With three high-level Dev teams including Shanghai Aurogon, Beijing Joyfun and Beijing Xiang Yue, Wangyuan has created iconic game brands such as the renowned “Gujian” Series and “Faith of Danschant”. More information available at wangyuan.com. About Gameforge Founded in 2002, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and Browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates. Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION, TERA, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with other classic titles such as 4Story and Runes of Magic. More information is available on gameforge.com.