LOS ANGELES (May 14, 2021) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that Endwalker™, the fourth expansion for its critically acclaimed MMO, FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, will launch on November 23, 2021 and is now available for pre-order. Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida revealed the release date, alongside new information about upcoming content in the expansion, during the opening keynote address at the Digital Fan Festival 2021.
The full cinematic Endwalker trailer also debuted during the digital event, which includes a new theme song composed by Masayoshi Soken with vocals by Sam Carter from the chart-topping band Architects. The trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/zTTtd6bnhFs
The second job that will be introduced with Endwalker is the ‘reaper’—a scythe-swinging melee DPS who calls upon an avatar from the Void to join them in close-quarter combat and can even serve as a host for their avatar. A first look at the reaper in action can be seen here: https://youtu.be/pfqi_ow02rE
Additionally, male Viera will be added as a new playable race, joining the existing female Viera. The male Viera reveal trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/6NxPJ_BPSwU
The Newly Announced Reaper Job and Male Viera Playable Race
An outline of all Endwalker content reveals from the keynote address can be found below:
- New Job: Reaper
- New Playable Race: Male Viera
- New City: Old Sharlayan – A trailer showcasing Old Sharlayan is available here: https://youtu.be/AldjvPkfSQs
- Travel to Expansive New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters
- New Alliance Raid Series: “Myths of the Realm”
- A New Data Center: Oceania
A number of additional trailers were revealed during the Digital Fan Festival 2021:
- New Area “Thavnair” - https://youtu.be/r0b5H4lDSC8
- New Town “Radz-at-Han” - https://youtu.be/2bUgi2pcmHg
- Dungeon Crawl - https://youtu.be/jx3LDBMxCqM
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Collector’s Edition is a bundle containing a copy of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector's Edition for Windows® or Mac, and the physical Collector's Box.
For PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, and Steam players, the Collector’s Box will be available to order as a standalone product—the Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition is available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store and Steam. The Endwalker Collector’s Box includes the physical goods listed below—the standalone box does not come with a copy of Endwalker, in-game bonus items, or pre-order bonuses:
- Endwalker Special Art Box – A unique glossy white-inlaid box that features an illustration of Hydaelyn and Zodiark by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure’s dimensions are approximately W 6.10" x D 8.46" x H 7.28" (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection & Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2" x 10.1" / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of FINAL FANTASY XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favorite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem's crystal. Designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1" x 1.2" (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5" tall (16.5cm).
Additionally, the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order from participating retailers, and includes the following in-game bonus items:
- In-game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker. A trailer showcasing the mount can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/r2wCRUGi2Ec
- In-game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
- In-game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from FINAL FANTASY XI makes its appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
- Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:00 a.m. (PST) and will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
- In-game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user's class/job and current level when equipped and grants a 30% increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
- In-game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, including press assets, please visit: https://press.na.square-enix.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Endwalker
Having recently announced 22 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The recently expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime.
Endwalker Teaser Site: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
The Lodestone®: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram®: @ffxiv
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 161 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com/.
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 – 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: ENDWALKER © 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO & IMAGE ILLUSTRATION: © 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, the FINAL FANTASY XIV ENDWALKER logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. PlayStation and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS4" and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Contact (press only):
Square Enix, Inc.