The game arrives on Xbox a week after its launch this Friday, 27th May, on Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG and other PC storefronts. Any press interested in reviewing Unexplored 2 can request a code for Xbox or Steam at the link below.
>> Request a review code: https://bit.ly/Unex2RC
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is an extremely ambitious indie game created by a small team and has been in development for five years. It offers players a beautiful but challenging, procedurally generated open-world which they can explore and adventure in.
Each time a player dies, their world remains, but time will pass and events will change the lay of the land. At the end of their quest, during the final stretch of their journey, players will go in all the way: they either succeed and save their world, or fail and see it destroyed, forever. Even their save game will be deleted. However, after each run, failed or successful, Unexplored 2 generates an entire new world for the player to discover. A new world that may offer new biomes and different clans, puzzles, and enemies.
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is a challenging, procedural open-world RPG with roguelite-gameplay, a table-top feel, and a cool twist on permadeath. Developed by Amsterdam-based developer Ludomotion, Unexplored 2 won 'Best Audio & Music' and 'Best Technology' at the Dutch Game Awards, and PC Gamer has hailed it as "the most innovative adventure game I've played in years."
Unexplored 2 Xbox trailer: https://youtu.be/P425QsM04lM
About the game
One quest. Unlimited adventure. Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is a challenging roguelite RPG with a table-top feel, procedural node-based open world, and a cool twist on permadeath. Leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor.
Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is an adventure like no other.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer's ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion's proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2's music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing